- Program Duration: Half Day Theory + Practical
- Max Participants: 10
Safe Operation of a Standard Lift Truck
This course addresses engine and electric-powered counterbalanced forklifts with a sit-down, center controlled, non-elevating operator position and a vertical mast. Trainees will learn equipment-related technical information during the theory portion of the course, as well as gain hands-on experience with the machine during the practical component and evaluation.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who will be interacting with, operating, or working around forklift equipment.
- The Rules
- Types of Forklifts
- Main Parts and Control Systems
- Stability Factors
- Job Preparation
- Safe Operation
Final Theory Exam
Practical Component and Final Evaluation
- Operator Reference Manual
- Final Theory Test
- Operator Practical Evaluation Form
- Certificate of Completion (valid for 3 years)
- An area with tables and chairs for the theory portion of the course.
- Silecio Inc. requires the equipment used for the practical portion of the course to be on-site and up to date with a yearly inspection.
- All trainees must come to class with CSA approved steel toe footwear and safety vest.
- In order to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate, each trainee must achieve a score of 75% or greater on the final test and successfully complete their practical evaluation.
This course is designed in accordance with CSA B335-04 Safety Standard for Lift Trucks, the Ontario Regulation 851 for Industrial Establishments and the Ontario Regulation 213/91 for Construction Projects.