Silecio Covid-19 Update
May 1-st, 2020
Dear Valued Customers,
Health and safety are top priorities at Silecio Safety. Over the past two months, we made the difficult decision to re-schedule all training classes until May in an effort to protect our employees, customers and communities, and in hopes of restrictions being lifted by this time.
With Ontario’s Declaration of Emergency being extended until May 12th, we will be postponing all scheduled training classes until further notice is given. In order to avoid any unnecessary re-scheduling, all courses will be re-scheduled at a later date once further government direction is received, and when we can confidently resume operations with key safety precautions in place.
In the interim, we want to assure you that we are taking the necessary steps in order to resume training classes safely and efficiently as soon as we are able. Specific health and safety policies and procedures will be in place. This will include:
- A blended approach to learning that incorporates virtual/online classrooms for the theory portion of our courses;
- Separately scheduled one-on-one practical evaluations;
- Thorough sanitizing practices to ensure that all equipment is sanitized before and after each use;
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves and masks;
- Physical distancing during practical and in-class training;
- A set of additional criteria that clients will be required to meet for on-site and in-class training, such as sufficient space for physical distancing and adequate washroom and washing facilities (clean running or potable water with soap and/or sanitizer).
As we continue to find ourselves in a precarious situation due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we feel that it is important to provide you with updated proactive measures that we are taking in response to the current situation.
Please continue to stay safe and feel free to contact us any time if you have any questions.